Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Hiking

What do you do with your kids when they are out of school? Well certainly you don't keep them all couped up in the house for them to destroy it..lol I offered to take my kids to the zoo today, but they declined. They wanted to get lunch and take it up to the mountains. We had a blast. I took them up to picnic grounds in the mountains. Since it's next door to where I lived from the time I was 15 until I got married, I know the trails like the back of my hand and I was able to point out things and tell them about it. They were excited to see the house that Grandpa built. We passed 3 creeks on our little hike. Since their dad is not fond of hiking, I've forgotten how much fun it is. This is something I'm going to be doing with my kids a lot more often.

NOTE: these are from my cell phone and were downloaded directly. (that's why they haven't been rotated)







3 comments:

Mark and Hillari Cragun said...

I love hiking too. It looks like fun. We did sale the other bike. That is why he was able to get this one. It is so nice. Nicer then it looks in the picture. We scored big on this one.

Jamie said...

Hi
I do remember you guys! Your kids are so cute! I see you have a new little girl. She's darling.
So ya, I love the pics you did for Anjie. I'm thinking I want to get some done toward the end of the summer or fall. How much do you charge?

Christie Morris Eskelsen said...

You're such a fun mom Chrissy! My mom, sister and I were all commenting on how brave you were to take 4 kids by yourself hiking. Your whole gang was so excited to go hiking though! How fun!!!!